Saturday, July 28, 2012

Quick project!

I'm part of an iFamily. When the extended family gets together at my sister's place, we have 7 iPhones, 5 iPads, and at least 6 iPods that I know of. That makes for a lot of chargers hanging out, and they're all identical. Until now!
Today, I made charger art. I used Recollections brand double-sided adhesive in two widths, and pink and purple Recollections fine glitter, all of which lived in my craft stash.
First, I covered the charger in adhesive, alternating wide and narrow pieces. I removed the backing from the wide strips and sprinkled on the pink glitter. I pressed it all in, and tapped off the excess, then removed the backing from the narrow strips and sprinkled on the purple glitter.
I also covered the USB cable end with adhesive strips, and used just the purple glitter.
Voila! Now, no one will accidentally take my charger halfway across the continent when we pack up to leave :)

2 comments:

limada said...

Oh my goodness! That is the coolest idea ever! I am so going to take this and make my own version. Crazy awesome!

Autumn said...

AWESOME! Love the idea! now i will not have to go "is this the one? nope NEXT!" AND you can personalize them so no one gets mixed up!
You are brilliant!