Last year, I made some resolutions. Let's see how that panned out!
- Blog every day. And on the days that I don't have internet access, I will write offline and publish as soon as I get access again, even if it means saving to a thumb drive and stealing a spot at a computer at work on my lunch hour.
- I think I almost managed this. There appears to be one day missing, but it's close enough for my purposes! I am satisfied with my results on Resolution 1.
- Finish at least two craft projects before I start on a new one. Once I'm caught up with everything but the two large afghans I'm working on, I can start one new project at a time.
- It was a nice try. It was a good idea. The problem is, I've got a bunch of long-term projects (things like blankets and afghans) that don't have recipients, and don't have any good reason to be rushed. However, I've been much better at finishing the projects I started, so I'm going to go ahead and say I'm satisfied with my results on Resolution 2.
- Lose 20 lb. I'm not huge by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm not fitting into my pants as comfortably as I was this time last year.
- *sigh* No. But I did manage not to gain any more weight, so that's a start.
- Get in better shape. This goes hand in hand with the previous one, but it's more about lifestyle than size. I need to feel more fit, and I need to be more active.
- *sigh* No.
- Read more. I've signed up for a group whose goal is to have all the members read 52 books this year (about a book a week, but you can average it out as needed). I miss reading. I need to read more.
- Yes! A resounding yes! I gave up on that group (it was kind of irritating and useless), but I have definitely been reading more. I've started reading on my lunch break at work, and I've been finishing a book every week or two (depending on how complicated my meals are). I've also read at the airport, and in the evenings, although I'm still not at the insane levels that I used to read back when I was in high school. Of course, I have a full-time job, and I'm back into the theatre, and I'm doing all this knitting/crochet/jewelry making, so I don't have quite as much down time to be filled.
So three out of five is not bad at all! I'm happy with this.
Now the big question: What about this year?
In 2010, I resolve to:
- Keep writing in my blogs. I'm not going to insist that I write every day, but I've really enjoyed it. It's generally the last thing I do before bed, and it's a nice part of my routine. However, I have this blog and my craft blog and my 'Take Five' blog, and I'd like to spread out the time between the three a little bit more.
- Finish editing 'Happily Ever After.' I finished the story. It has an ending. However, it needs work. I'm thinking of signing up for a course on editing your own novel, because I really feel that this story has potential. I've pitched it to a couple of girls who fall into my target audience, and they're really excited about reading it (go alpha-readers!). I want to edit, send out to readers, and re-edit, then start looking more seriously at potential agents/publishers.
- Lose 20 lbs. I know, I know, I failed at this one last year. But I'm going to keep trying, dammit, because I'm just not comfortable in my body right now. I've already started keeping track of what I'm eating, and that alone tends to help me. Back when I was doing Weight Watchers, I found that part helped more than anything else. So I'm giving it another try. I've got a really cute pair of jeans that I want to wear again.
- Get together with Mooselings. For the past several years, my NaNo group here has said, "Yeah, we'll totally get together outside of November!" and failed miserably. I'm going to make it happen this year!
Once again, a fairly reasonable set of resolutions. I think I can manage this!