- I've been mentally revising for the last few weeks. I really do need to get it down on paper, but I'm working and reworking on both Partners and Happily Ever After.
- Meliora wants to play again, but I don't know what to do with her. I condensed several short fiction pieces into a story called Fog Rolls In, but the character of Meliora is bigger than that - I think that she needs a full-length novel. Unfortunately, I'm not sure of what sort of plot to use, so that's simmering, too.
- I got a Shiny New Idea on Sunday while I was in the shower. I really want to start playing with it, but I don't want to start a new project yet. Why, you ask?
- Mercury is in retrograde. No, I'm not generally a big follower of astrology, but in general, when Mercury is in retrograde, you're supposed to be better off finishing outstanding projects than starting on new ones. Which leads us to -
- I've got a lot of other stuff on my mind that needs finishing. Not only do I desperately need to edit Partners and Happily Ever After, I need to finish my mum's Christmas stocking (which will totally not get done for Christmas - I've been spending about three hours a night on it, and I'm only a third done), I need to finish my sister's Sekrit Surprise Present, I need to make a few more Christmas cards for people who have sent me cards (but I'm not complaining about that - please, send me more non-bill mail! I love it!), and a list of other craft projects about a mile long. Oh, and cleaning up the apartment so my holiday guests don't have to sleep on a pile of dirty clothes.
So you don't get any fiction from me today. :( But feel free to go back in my archives and poke around! Maybe check out the horrible-ness of the "Take Five" series. I think that may get revisited soon, too.