Monday, April 19, 2010

New Format?

So I've sucked at blogging lately. I've thought about it. I've had dreams where I blogged. Unfortunately, I just haven't actually blogged.

But I have been reading a lot of blogs lately. I've been following about 12 different ones, on a daily basis. I've discovered that the blogs that keep my attention are ones that have a definite format. Certain topics are covered on certain days, and I like having something to look forward to. Of course, the ones that update daily are also favourites, because there's always something new to read.

I've read a lot of advice about blogs, too. One thing that I'm seeing a lot is the recommendation that your blog reflect the type of writing you do. That's problematic for me, because HEA is YA, Thurman is mystery, Shoes is romance, and everything else in my head is sci-fi/fantasy. Of all of those, HEA actually probably has the best chance of being published. I've actually printed it all up, and I'm about to start revisions... I just need to buy a new set of pens. ;)

So why am I telling you all of this? I think I'm going to make some changes around here. I've already changed up the look of my blog - it feels like the content needs a change too!

Here's the plan:
Tuesday - Prompted Pieces (like the old 'five-minute fiction', based on prompts I find online)
Thursday - Writing Progress (updates on submissions, revisions, and new projects)
Sunday - Project Progress (updates on the other crafty things I do in my 'spare' time, probably with photos)

This is not to say that I won't be posting other things on the other days. It just means that I'll definitely be posting about these things on these days. And if it doesn't work, it doesn't work, and I can go back to just posting whatever, whenever. :)

Happy reading!

1 comment:

Jamie D. said...

Good for you! It's much easier for me to blog when I know what topic I'm covering on what day...far less stress, IMO.

I hope you find the same is true for you. :-) Looking forward to your new topics...