Friday, April 1, 2011

Feeling foolish?

Normally, on April Fools' Day, I'll run across some really great pranks online. This year, I didn't see many, sadly.  I did see several amusing announcements, though!  I loved Nathan Fillion's, though the possibility of Castle getting cancelled made me worry for a second.  Kiersten White's and Lynn Viehl's blogs made me giggle, too.  And I'm left wondering if Blogger's new "View" thing is an April Fools' joke... it doesn't seem, well, useful.

Oddly enough, no one at work pulled any pranks or jokes or anything... unless you count the guys who came to install the new furniture, then left, saying that the tabletops were cut wrong, and that they'd be back Monday.  Except for the part where that wasn't a joke.

Also, some of my Canadian family and friends got a prank from Spring.  It snowed.

I can't remember the last time I was on the giving end of an April Fools' joke.  While I can be witty or even amusing on paper and in real life, I just don't have the right kind of funny to pull off a prank.

What about you, blogglings?  Did you find anything good out there today?  Did you pull a prank?

2 comments:

M.J. Fifield said...

I saw Nathan Fillion's and while I immediately knew it had to be a joke, I will admit I immediately started daydreaming that canceling Castle would somehow lead to more Firefly...don't get me wrong, I love Castle. I just love Firefly more.


M.J. Fifield
My Pet Blog

Joe Robinsmith said...

I saw nothing online and even in person there were very few.