Monday, May 2, 2011

Just a few notes

Dear Target,

You know who has size 5 feet?  Short people.  You know who can't see the top shelf?  Short people.  Please make sure that the dude who sets up your shoe area is aware of this fact.  If I have to jump up to see what's in the box of shoes, chances are, I'm not going to bother.  You're pretty much guaranteeing business for Payless.

Vertically challengedly yours,
Danielle

*****

Dear Sunbeam,

While I appreciate that you manufacture one of the only hot-air poppers I've been able to find, if my options are a) eat no popcorn or b) pick up burning hot kernels from all around my kitchen before my dog can find them, I'm going to just go without popcorn.  More kernels ended up randomly flying around the room than ended up popping and landing in the bowl.  Please talk to your design team and suggest that they fix this issue.

With flying popcorn,
Danielle

*****

Dear subconscious,

Please please please please stop playing the same scene in my mind every time I close my eyes.  I didn't like seeing it the first time, and I don't like replaying it.  It's not pretty.  And it makes me a little bit nauseated.

Sickeningly yours,
Danielle

*****

Dear HEA,

I swear, I haven't forgotten you!  I promise!  I've got a brand new notebook all ready for my next draft, and I promise that I've been thinking of you.  It's just, with this new house, and a show, and work, and a very loving puppy, and a baby blanket to finish, and about a million other little things, well, I've been busy.  But I will make time for you soon.  I promise.

With love and procrastination,
Danielle

*****

Dear Lindt,

You make the best chocolate ever.  I love you.

Melting for you,
Danielle

No comments: