Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I want to do something big

As I mentioned a few days ago, I can't stop listening to/watching Dr.Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. The more I watch it and hear it, the more I want to do something cool like that.

I've considered some options. I could just take the idea and adapt it, making myself into some kind of superhero or super-villain. If I were to do that, however, I would need some sort of identity, because, well, I'm not a superhero or super-villain in my everyday life. I would need a costume, too. I'm kind of broke, though, so I'd have to use a costume that I already have. I've got this nifty silver outfit... and Avon just came out with silver mascara. I don't really know what kind of super-character that would work with, though. I've got lots of scrubs, and surgical gowns, and surgical gloves - but I don't know that I want to be that close to Dr. Horrible. Plus, I wear scrubs in real life, which would make it harder to disguise my identity.

I could also learn to write music, and just blog about my own life in song. Of course, that would involve learning to write music... I can't actually read music, and I'm not a poet, which makes the whole lyric thing more challenging. I could find a new friend who can write music for me - but I have no idea where to find that sort of friend.

I thought about just doing video blogs, too, but that defeats the purpose of writing every day. Unless, of course, I write a script for the blog. Hmmm... that's an option.

Is there anyone out there with an opinion?

2 comments:

colbymarshall said...

Just write when you feel like writing and video when you feel like videoing. There's no rule about blogging...I mean, you're doing something creative either way, so look at it that way.

KarenElizabeth said...

I can read music. and write it. and write poetry. LOVE YOU.