I can be fickle when it comes to my music. If I'm not in the right mood for something, I'll change the song in a heartbeat, even if it's something that I usually like. However, there are a few notable exceptions to this. I realized this today, as I was listening to Pandora at work (BTW, that site is a lifesaver when you're doing monotonous data entry!).
- Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield.
- I don't know what it is about this song, but I can't help but feel good when I listen to it! I was trying to program Pandora for my "Glee" station, and while this one didn't quite fit the requirements, I couldn't make myself skip it.
- Don't Stop Believin' by Journey.
- I also adore the Glee versions of this song. Even when I'm in a miserable mood, and I just want depressing music to wallow with, I'll stop and listen if this comes on.
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.
- This song has such a happy sadness to it… it's a hard quality to describe, but I love it. It makes me heartsick and hopeful at the same time, and I love the mixture of emotions that it evokes. The end result varies, depending on my mood, but it's not usually a bad thing.
Are there any "don’t change the station" songs in your playlist?