Monday, August 15, 2011

Dancing Kid

So I was on my way to the grocery store tonight, at like, 9:30, and as I was driving through my neighbourhood, I saw this blue glowing light bouncing around.  As I got closer, I could see that it was the screen of a cell phone.  I got even closer, and I realized that the phone was in the hand of a kid who was dancing.

I'm not talking about just grooving as he was walking down the street.  This kid was bouncing up and down, dancing his heart out, in the dark, halfway in the street.

I want to know what he was listening to.

And I may include him in a story.  Because really, that's just a really secure person to dance full-out as if no one is watching.  (Although I suppose that, until I drove up, no one actually was watching.)

3 comments:

Joe Robinsmith said...

They always say that one should live their life that way. Dance like no one is watching. Great country song.

Elisa DeLany said...

Kudos to that kid for being awesome. He Totally deserves to be in your book.

Caitlin said...

Awesome. Don't you just love the little moments that brighten your life like that?