Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Be My Brain!

I need your help, blogglings.

I'm trying to find a word.  I know this word.  I remember doing an entire unit on the concept in high school English.  But the word has fallen out of my head, and it's been driving me crazy!

I want the word that means "to give human characteristics to a non-human being or object."

I know it's not personification. I know it's not transmogrification.  I think it might be a trans- word though.

If you know this word, would you please tell me?

Thanks!

5 comments:

Joe Robinsmith said...

anthropomorphism? It was the definition you stated but the fourth one down at dictionary.com so I'm not sure it's really that.

M.J. Fifield said...

I agree with Joe. So does my handbook to literature. =)

Elisa DeLany said...

I third with Joe.

Hannah_Marfia said...

I'm pretty sure it is personification.

Great Britain Shop Information said...

Hello,I came across to your blog from google. Really a fantastic article. I loved it and willing to come back again.Best Regards,Emma Dawson