Thursday, August 27, 2009

First time

For the first time, I really just didn't want to blog tonight.

It's an odd feeling, because although there is always a sense of obligation, and occasionally a sense of resignation, when I sit down to blog, this is the first time I have not had any desire to blog. I couldn't think of anything to blog about that wasn't incredibly personal - and while I appreciate that many of the people who read this are actually my real-life friends and family, I also know that there are going to be random people reading this, and I don't necessarily want them to know all sorts of intimate details about my life.

There's been a lot going on for me lately, and I'm keeping very, very, VERY busy. But on the bright side, by blogging tonight, even though I didn't want to, I have proven to myself that I can indeed manage to write every day. And honestly, that's why I made the resolution to blog every day. If I don't write for one day, it's going to be awfully easy to skip another day. And another. Hell, go check out the last date on my Take Five blog - it's been several days of 'just one day off.' I keep telling myself that, once my life calms down, I'll be able to blog more, or better. Then I look at the calendar for the next, oh, six months, and I don't see any sign of things calming down. So I'll settle for telling myself that, even though some of these posts may be complete and utter crap, I'm still writing, dammit, and if I'm ever going to be a successful writer, that's what I have to do - write, dammit.

No comments: