I was poking around the internet, trying to find out a bit about how well the world does with keeping their New Year's Resolutions. It doesn't look good, blogglings. It depends on where you're looking, but anywhere between 36% and 98% of people have already given up their resolutions. Let's see how I'm doing so far...
- Drink more milk. I usually only drink milk when my parents are here (or I'm visiting them), and we drink milk at every dinner. Specifically, I will drink milk with a meal once a week.
- Not bad! I'm drinking milk more often, but I've modified my resolution: instead of just drinking milk once a week, I've resolved to finish every container of milk I buy before the 'best before' date. So far, I've managed to meet that goal. Yay!
- Check! Tonight was the first night in about a week that I stopped by and picked up take-out for dinner. I've been making pasta and chicken and other pretty yummy stuff, and I've definitely saved money, which is a bonus.
- I think I'm doing okay with this one... I've been making a concerted effort to use that word less, and I've been diligent in my editing. If you think I'm wrong, please, let me know, and I'll step up my efforts.
- Umm.... Well, I clocked in before 8:00 twice last week... Okay, okay. This one needs work. Lots of work. LOTS of work.
- For the most part, I'm doing pretty well with this. Monday was a mess - the computers were stupid, and I drank a LOT of Dr. Pepper at work. But aside from that, I have been drinking just as much water as pop, so I'll call it a win.
- Haven't touched it yet. Crap.
I'm getting there, I think. It definitely helps that I've set specific goals, rather than just wishy-washy "I wanna get healthy" resolutions. I can work with a goal. I'm not so good at the abstract.
How about you, blogglings? Have you joined the ranks of the given-up, or are you still slogging along?