Friday, October 3, 2008

Boxes, boxes, everywhere

I'm in the midst of packing, and I forgot how organized, yet chaotic, it is.  The last time I moved, it was a cross-border move, so I had to have the contents of every box specifically recorded.  My OCD brain loved that.  This time, I'm doing it again.  Each box gets its own worksheet in an Excel spreadsheet.  Boxes are labelled with big number stickers, and each number sticker has a coloured dot in the corner that indicates the room in which it will eventually live.  Most of my boxes are bankers boxes, though there is a set of Alcon boxes that I rescued from the office.  It's so pretty... I've got three stacks of boxes sitting in the living room, and they're all the same size and shape...

It's also nice, because I'm getting a current inventory of all of the STUFF I have.  I now have a complete record of all my DVDs, all my CDs, all my books, all my EVERYTHING!  I even have a list of the types and quantities of yarn that I own.  I think I need to stop buying yarn for a while...

However, in addition to the boxes that are neatly stacked against the wall, ready to go, I have piles of unassembled boxes, box lids, tissue paper, bubble wrap, tape, labels, and stickers ALL OVER!  And there is stuff all around, too.  I took the afternoon off of work to try to get it under control but, well, not so much.  I think tomorrow night and Sunday will be tidying up time, trying to at least get things into the room where they belong so I can pack them when the time comes...

And on that note, I must get to bed, because tomorrow is the SuperFun Priming Party (Again)!  Wish me luck, and helpers!

No comments: