Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Need your opinions!

You may or may not know that my SO and I are in the process of renovating a house, so that we can move into it together.  This is a rather stressful event, as there is a lot of dust and chaos, and I don't like these things.  However, in the end, there will be nicely painted walls and a 13-foot bar in the basement.  And a huge-ass TV and gaming table.  And more bookshelves than I could have dreamed of.

However, the other day, I realized something.  We will have a yard.  Okay, so I didn't just wake up and say, 'Hey, we've got a yard!' - I did actually notice that when we looked at the place.  What I actually realized was that we have a yard where we can put stuff.  We talked about it, but I think we've decided against putting up signage for a particular presidential candidate, because we're not entirely sure how that will go over with the neighbours - there aren't many of those sort of signs up in our neighbourhood.

Then we came up with what I think is an awesome idea - we're going to put up Canadian political signage!  I'll have a Liberal poster in my front yard!  And maybe a Tory one, so my dad doesn't totally disown me.  And maybe, for fun, we'll put up NDP and Reform signs, too! (And yes, I realize the Reform party doesn't actually exist anymore, but who's going to know down here?  Besides, looking at it will remind me of Ross Perot shouting "Refoooooorm!".  Actually, I don't know if he ever said it like that, but This Hour Has 22 Minutes and The Royal Canadian Air Farce always spoofed him doing it.  Wow, this has been a really long parenthetical comment.)

So I want to know, if you had a yard, what kind of signage (or other things) would you/do you put up in it?

4 comments:

MJ said...

I'd put up a "No Whining Zone" sign.

KarenElizabeth said...

I would make a sign that says "Superfuns Live Here"

Mitzi said...

Plastic flamingos. And yard gnomes. No signs.

colbymarshall said...

Um, so you think that signs for our political candidates won't go over well and Canadian ones will? Good luck with that, lol. And screw signs...I have a yard gnome. His name is Gnomely.