Friday, October 24, 2008

A quiet week

Aside from my good news on Monday, it's been a quiet week.  This is not a bad thing.

Unfortunately, I haven't really been in the mood to blog for the last few days.  In this spirit, I give you the top ten Excuses for Not Blogging:

10:  My dog ate my computer cord.  I swear, my dog eats  everything else (Dammit!  I loved those shoes!!), so why not a power cord?  Shane's cat, Tyler, chews on cords all the time.

9:  I lost my notebook of ideas, and couldn't come up with anything under pressure.  (Of course, this only applies if no one knows that you really work best under pressure.)

8:  I got busy watching TV.  I only get to watch quality television (and by quality, I'm referring as much to picture quality as to content) once a week!  When I get it, I get REALLY into it.

7:  I spent my time online searching the internet for recipes for pulled pork (because I totally forgot everything that Mandy put into hers (except for a little bit of liquid smoke)).

6:  I started to blog, but then got sidetracked as I tried to determine the proper location for a period when also using a parenthetical statement at the end of a sentence.  (Notice that I didn't end that sentence with a parenthetical statement.)

5:  My dog ate my shoes.  Seriously, that distracted me for, like, an entire night!

4:  My dog tried to eat a notebook.  I don't know where she got this taste for paper, but she's munched on notebooks, looseleaf, scrap paper, tissue paper, kleenex... anything paper-related.

3:  I tried to have a life instead of geeking out on the computer.  (Hey, it could happen!)

2:  I was busy carving a pumpkin.  (It's really cute, too!)

And the number one excuse for not blogging:  My internet connection crashed.  Again.  (Does anyone know how to stop it from doing that?  And can you please tell my network admin about it?)

2 comments:

colbymarshall said...

What internet service do you use? The continued interruption business has got me wondering. And stop being a slacker. Rule number 7: no excuses! Play like a champion! (You've seen Wedding Crashers, right?)

Danielle said...

The problem is more due to the fact that I don't have internet coming directly to my apartment - I'm piggybacking off of Shane's internet connection, and there have been hardware issues trying to get the signal over here properly. And it doesn't work when it's raining.