Saturday, October 11, 2008

Productive, yes... Creative, no

I had a productive day today, though not a creative one.  Although, if I think about it, I did have some flashes of creativity.  I spent the day packing.  I managed to pack 17 boxes, which is not bad, considering I got distracted by things like the puppy, and GraphJam, and eating.

I was reminded that my OCP is in full force, though, as I was doing all of this.  OCP, you ask?  It's 'obsessive-compulsive personality,' not full on OCD.  I've never been diagnosed with OCD, but I do have some of the traits, including a ridiculous need for order.  This can make packing a bit of a challenge.  My boxes are all numbered and colour-coded with stickers to indicate which room they belong it.  I have two main styles of box - the others that don't match are boxes that stuff came in (like the KitchenAid box).  The numbers on the box correspond to a list on my computer that catalogues exactly what's in each box.  A bit of overkill?  Maybe...

But it makes my brain happy.  So now my happy brain and I are going to go cuddle with my puppy, then go to sleep, and plan what to pack tomorrow.

No comments: