Friday, October 10, 2008

Trying to be creative today

Unfortunately, by wanting to be creative, I may have ended up finding another hobby for myself.  D'oh.

I'm currently searching the interweb on the techniques of making webcomics.  I'm hoping that it seems like a terribly difficult undertaking, so I get discouraged and decide not to pursue it.  At the very least, I would have to hook the big computer up to the internet again, because it's got my PaintShop on it.  Hmm... this feels like it's going to be more trouble than I want to go to.  Yay!

In other news, I got turned on to a new website today!  I spent my day working on data analysis, trying to come up with an easy-to-read graphical representation of the visual acuities of patients who were four months status post cataract extraction with ReStor intraocular lens implantation.  Sounds important, doesn't it?  In any case, I was making pretty pie charts and bar graphs.  I talked to a friend about this at lunch, and he suggested that, given how excited I was about these graphs (and yes, I really was excited), I should visit Graph Jam.  I did.  I love it!  Too lazy to click on the link?  Check out a sample of the fun you can find:

song chart memes


2 comments:

KarenElizabeth said...

Sometimes I think you are a true geek lol. And trust me.... you wouldn't miss dancing if you knew how much my body is hurting right now....

thetourist270 said...

Yes! I have lured another unsuspecting victim into the dark world of time-wasting-websites. You will notice the links at the top of the pages-- all worth visiting...daily.