Saturday, November 7, 2009

Oh, the political incorrectness of it...

“I woke up this morning outside of St. Joseph’s Church. I didn’t remember much of anything... I still don’t think I remember yesterday at all,” he said, frowning.

“Mmm-hmm,” Thurman said, writing something down. “Veryy interesting. Tell me, do you remember anything from the day before yesterday?”

“No. I don't remember anything before waking up this morning,” Mr. Smith told him.

“Did you remember St. Joseph’s Church, or did you have to read it on the sign?” Thurman asked.

“Why does that matter?” Mr. Smith asked.

“Please, just answer the question," Thurman said.

The man sighed and thought about it for a minute. “I remembered it. I don’t think I even looked at the sign. I just recognized the church.”

“Good!” Thurman replied, sounding excited as he made a note on his pad.

“Why is that good?” the man asked.

“It means that you're familiar with the area,” Thurman explained. “You’re either from around Macon, or you spend a lot of time here... Or you’re Catholic. Do you feel Catholic?”

“I don’t know,” Mr. Smith said. “What does a Catholic feel like?”

“Umm... Probably pretty guilty,” Thurman said, “But not as guilty as a Jew listening to his mother.”

No comments: