Monday, November 30, 2009

A time for less literary pursuits

As I'm sure you gathered from yesterday's post, as we move into December (and yes, I realize it's still technically November... after someone pointed it out to me), I'm moving from a 'literary' phase into a more physically productive phase. This means that, rather than the random crap that spews from my brain in the midst of NaNo, you'll be seeing lots and lots (and lots) of project updates.

Why? There are three main reasons for this.

1. That's what's on my mind. I'm making stuff. I make stuff on my lunch breaks. I make stuff when I get home. I make stuff when I'm a passenger in the car. I make stuff in bed. When I'm not making stuff, I'm thinking about the stuff I have to make.

2. Peer pressure. Even if it's only imaginary, I've got peer pressure now. You (whoever you may be) now know that I've got these things going. And if I don't tell you when I get done, you're going to think that I'm a lazy slacker who's not doing anything.

3. Fear of public failure. It's kind of like NaNo - everyone knew I was supposed to write 50k, and if I failed publicly... well... that would suck.

So without further ado, here's what I did today!
- 14 of approximately 74 rows are done on the second part of Karen's present
- one pair of maternity pants for AH are complete
- I blogged


No comments: