Tuesday, December 8, 2009

No helpful dreams

Well, I tried the 'let it come in my sleep' way of getting a story idea, and it failed. I had some crazy dreams, but nothing story-worthy. Well, nothing publishable or usable... some really crazy stuff, though. And remarkably realistic. Have you ever had one of those dreams where you actually dream part of your day? That happened to me last night, and I started my day off irritated at the doctor, despite the fact that I didn't even have to work with him today! He showed up REALLY late for work in my dream, and that was enough to get me pissed off.

Tonight, instead of trying to let the dream come to me as I sleep, I'm going to try thinking about it as I lay in bed, trying to fall asleep. That weird, not-quite-ready-for-sleep-but-not-awake-enough-to-do-anything-else time seems to be good for developing ideas.

Watch. Instead of coming up with solutions/ideas for this play, I'm going to write half of my red-hot fairy tale. At least it's writing!

No comments: