Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Love this new meme

Okay, I'll admit it - I love this whole "I Write Like" thing! It's cheesy, and probably not accurate, but it's fun. So what am I doing with this? I'm going back through all of my Tuesday fiction exercises, seeing what the outcome is when I pop them into the box, and adding the badge to the bottom of the page.

So far, James Joyce seems to be the most frequent comparison, followed by Stephen King. Funny, I've never read any Joyce, and the only King I've read was part of "The Bachman Books." I kind of want to read some of their stuff now, to see what I'm being compared to.

In other news, I seem to have a plethora of ideas, and no friggin' time to actually work on them! Let's see...
- There's the group project, TSP, which I really need to work on, since we've got a tentative deadline of Sept 1. I have a basic idea, and two MCs, but I haven't actually written anything down.
- I've got 'Relationships are Hell,' the idea that came to me the other morning, complete with one-line synopsis. I tried a character sketch yesterday, and it's not remotely what I wanted it to be, which proved once again that I shouldn't try writing AFTER my brain has gone to bed for the night.
- I've got the edits for HEA, and I know what I need to do, I just haven't done it yet.
- I've got to finish Partners and get it back out to some crit partners, but I'm stuck with it... I can feel that something's missing, but I can't figure out what. I may have to send it out incomplete, so someone else can help me through it.
- There's an idea growing for another play, but it's still kind of nebulous. It's a Christmas show, complete with carols, but it's just sort of sitting there, not ready to be on paper yet.
- I have the beginnings of a plot for NaNo, which means that I'll be set come November, so that's good. I'll keep jotting down ideas in my orange notebook (complete with Mooseling pin!) until then.
- Finally, the only writing I have managed has been cathartic stuff, things that I had to write to start getting over things that are going on in 'real life.' They haven't been printed, they haven't been shared, and some of them haven't been saved. They've been for me, and it's good, I think...

Wait, 'real life'? What's that? Yes, I do have a real life! A life not consumed with writing, although if I could get away with doing nothing but writing and making things, I'd totally be set for the rest of forever! I'm looking into a new apartment, I'm reaching out and trying to make some new friends, I'm trying to find new ways to connect with old friends, and I'm trying to find ways to be happy on my own. That's not to say I wasn't happy before - quite the contrary, actually. I was incredibly happy. I was amazed that I had somehow managed to get so lucky. Unfortunately, there's that old saying: "All good things must come to an end." Sadly, it seems to be holding true. I've been on my own again for about a month now, although I suppose it's officially less time than that. I'm not going to lie; it's been hard. It's sucked, actually. Not that you could guess from the tone of my fiction!

Anyway, that's what's been up lately, and probably reflected in my blog, even though I wasn't being overtly chatty about it. Just felt like you all might want to know. And hey, if you don't care about my personal life, that's cool - let me know, and I'll keep to the writing and crafting from here on out! Well, that and cute puppies.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God's blessings too you. Lloyd

Jolene Perry said...

I think as writers a lot of us have the same quirks (too many voices and ideas in our heads) don't worry about posting on the personal stuff. Makes us all real right?