Thursday, July 1, 2010

I swear, I'm not totally slacking, really.

Just a reminder - you can still get stuff for being a follower! Just comment on this post!

~~~

I have written considerably less this month than I had intended. I have edited considerably less than intended. Life got in the way, and honestly, I don't write all that well when I'm depressed. What? you ask. A writer who doesn't write when depressed? That makes no sense at all!

Okay, so I do write some when I'm depressed. But if you've looked at my recent Tuesday fiction pieces, you may have noticed that they're all, well, down. And that's not what I like to read or write. I don't mind when characters have problems, of course. That's what makes them human. However, I prefer to have an overall upbeat view. When I'm not upbeat, it's hard for me to write things that I like.

I did manage to do some good editing on HEA this weekend. I'm barely finished chapter one, but there's been a lot of red pen used.

See?


And I was gentle with this chapter, because I was essentially happy with it. I've already realized that the ending is going to have to change - I put in all of these little hints for the end, then totally forgot about them. So I've got to go back and write the ending I meant to write when I started. *sigh*

I still haven't heard back on my submission, but that's to be expected. I think it'll be September before the e-zine starts sending responses for the edition that my story is being considered for. Have I mentioned that I hate waiting?

I have got a few story ideas floating around in my mind, though, and I'm hoping that they'll work out... two of them are novel-length, one is novella-length, so it'll be a big commitment. And I've also got plans for this year's NaNo. I've decided to write the next Thurman G Woodfin adventure. I've realized that NaNo is going to have to be light and fun and off-the-wall, so that I can dedicate my brainpower to herding Mooselings in November. I don't want to stress about the writing - I want to ease everyone else's stress.

Finally, I have been working on a few other pieces for FFC, though they still need polishing. I should have more up there in the next few weeks, so keep your eyes open!

No comments: