Saturday, July 10, 2010

Not at all myself!

I woke up early this morning. Like, 30 minutes before my alarm went off. Unfortunately, puppy is very attuned to my state of awakeness, and she didn't let me roll over and doze off again. As I slowly opened my eyes, a story idea came to me. I wanted to doze off, but I got up and fumbled for a notebook and wrote down the idea before my lizard brain could take over.

I got up, took puppy out for a walk, packed my lunch, then went back upstairs and decided that I was going to take the extra time and exercise. I did three sets of ten reps each of wall squats, push-ups, sit-ups, and back thingies, all with my big purple ball. Then I showered, dressed, and looked at the clock. It was 7:10. Normally, I'm done dressing at 7:35.

Somehow, I was 25 minutes ahead! So what did I do? I found a coupon for Chick-Fil-A, and went out for a free chicken biscuit for breakfast. Even with the drive-thru, I was still at work by 7:56! That's not me at all!

And now, it's nearly 2, and I'm still mildly functional. Who's taken over my body???

No comments: