Thursday, June 3, 2010

I did it.

I submitted "Into the Fog" to an e-zine. They sent back a message saying that they had received it, and will probably get to it next month.

So now I wait.

Have I mentioned I'm not good at waiting? I've been crafting like crazy in the last few days, trying to keep busy. By the time I get a rejection, I'll have seven sweaters, thirty-two hamster beans, and eight hundred twenty-four cards made. I probably won't be able to actually reach my computer because of all of the piles of stuff.

On the bright side, that means that this Sunday's post should be nice and full!

Also, still no further editing on HEA. Need to get on that. Perhaps this weekend, after I clean up my mounds of craft stuff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a) congratulations on submitting! It is a scary thing, sending your words out into the world.
b) I happen to love the hamster beans, so feel free to submit more of your writing -- the "hurry-up-and-respond" hamsters will have a good home.
c) I know it's kind of "one-track" thinking, but it makes a certain amount of sense to be working on another writing project while you wait for a response on the first ... Maybe move HEA up a notch on the priority pole? Seeing as how I've not read it, and I want to?
d) a month? that's IT? Sheesh. I've got a spreadsheet full of expected dates of responses in August - one even in October.
e) wishing you all good things and a prompt, positive response.

Paco Medina said...

i think never somebody has write about me in a such autentical and subrealistic way!!! congrats!!

so write something about me, and perhaps i draw something about you!! fair enought ;)

my best

Danielle said...

I know, I know - a month is really not that long to wait. But I'm not good at waiting. And I am slowly but surely working on HEA. I just hate the editing part, which is why it's going so slowly.

Paco - Thanks for stopping by! I checked out your blog, and I'm impressed by your work!