Thursday, June 17, 2010

The REAL Thursday post!

Because, of course, once I give up and post via my phone, the internet decides that it likes my computer after all. After half an hour of messing around. *sigh*

Thursday is supposed to be the day that I update my writing progress, right? Unfortunately, I feel like I've made very little. I have not touched HEA for edits in a week or two. I've written my Tuesday flash pieces, but not much else. If you missed it, I had a post up at Flash Fiction Chronicles on Monday.

But I've been reading! So in lieu of writing updates, I'm going to tell you what I'm reading, and what I plan to read for the rest of the summer!

I am currently in the middle of Temple of the Winds by Terry Goodkind, the fourth book in his Sword of Truth series. I've already finished Wizard's First Rule, Stone of Tears, and Blood of the Fold. Well, technically, I've finished the first ten books, but I'm re-reading them as I have finally acquired the last one. I may end up finishing Temple by the end of the week, depending on how driven I am to do housework.

My summer reading list is as follows:
  • Soul of the Fire by Terry Goodkind
  • Faith of the Fallen by Terry Goodkind
  • The Pillars of Creation by Terry Goodkind
  • Naked Empire by Terry Goodkind
  • Chainfire by Terry Goodkind
  • Phantom by Terry Goodkind
  • Confessor by Terry Goodkind
  • Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
  • Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire
  • A Lion Among Men by Gregory Maguire
  • My Life Uncovered by Lynn Isenberg (my favourite book in a long time!)
If anyone out there has any other suggestions, I'll be happy to take them! It looks like my current list is running towards fantasy, but I do like other genres. I'll probably forget my book at home at least a few times, which means I'll be reading the mystery and YA novels that seem to be lying around the lunchroom at work. And when I'm just not up for something heavy, I've got a pile of romance and chick-lit to keep me entertained.

I've also recently downloaded the B&N Reader for my laptop, and I've been collecting free e-books of all genres. I liked Kait Nolan's Forsaken By Shadow, and I'll be watching for the sequels. If you haven't checked her out, you should! The top of her site links to all sorts of places to acquire her latest piece.

On the bright side, the more I read, the more I want to write! With any luck (and lots of effort), I'll get some more editing done on HEA (it's on my to-do list for the weekend!), and I think I might expand on Jane from my last flash post.

No comments: