Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Little things

... can make me very happy.

I spent tonight baking and watching chick flicks. It was awesome. I used to bake a lot - it was a very good form of stress relief. Unfortunately, while I was doing "Chicago," I didn't have time to bake, despite having plenty of stress in need of relief! I can't believe how much better I feel now. Of course, it doesn't hurt that I also have a big ol' pile of cookies (five dozen minus one, to be exact). Even better, though, is that almost all of the cookies (except for the last eleven) are going to be given away, so that I don't backtrack on any of my resolutions for the year!

Speaking of, this seems like a good time to revisit them:

- Blog every day. Check!
- Finish at least two craft projects before I start another one. Umm... almost. But I'm finishing more things, or at least giving up and ripping them out! So the spirit is there, if not the actual exact action.
- Lose 20 lb. Down by 9 so far, which is not bad. Now that the show is done, I can start getting up and exercising again. It was REALLY hard to do when I was out at the theatre until 11 every night.
- Get in better shape. Yup! Not where I want to be yet, but better than I was. It's amazing what a skimpy costume will do to your will power...
- Read more. I've been reading at least a book a month, though I do want to read more. Again, with the show over, I'll have more time to do it.

So I'm not doing too badly! It helps to have achievable goals, too ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always a positive thing to have those resolutions, and to actually stick to them. Especially if you are still sticking with them almost 8 months in. I commend you.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on doing well with your goals. Don't think I've done too well with mine, but I'm getting a second wind with them now. :)