Saturday, October 24, 2009

Five Hundred!

Wow... this is the five hundredth post in this blog! Not the five hundredth this year, of course, since I only post once a day, and, well, even in a good year, there aren't five hundred days...

It seems momentous, and at the same time... not all that impressive. I mean, I've had this blog for almost two years, and while I've been really good about posting this year, the previous year was not so special. I had planned to use this blog for fiction as much as anything else, and I've ended up being far more personal than I had intended. At the same time, I've done a good job of keeping myself satisfied with the level of privacy - I didn't go blabbing about my vacation plans until I got home (unlike the idiots out there who get themselves robbed).

If I had realized earlier today that this was #500, I might have planned something a little more special, but since it's three minutes until tomorrow, I think I'll just smile to myself, and plan a bit more of what I'm going to do on December 31 - after all, if I make it that far, I'll have made my goal!

No comments: