Saturday, October 17, 2009

What happens in Vegas...

So I’m now officially thirty. It’s not too bad… at least, not yet! We rang in my birthday at a show, and got a good group photo. :) There was much drinking done, but I woke up without a hangover – whee! We weaved our way back from the Excalibur without incident, although there were several times when we thought Donna would fall over – not from drinking (she was the designated walker), but from the new shoes she wore. They were gorgeous, and about five inches high! Karen’s great at walking in heels like that, but it was pretty new for Donna. I think what threw her off was the teeny-tiny pencil heel, which was very likely to get stuck in cracks in the sidewalk. She really had to watch where she stepped.


I think I might wear my own clothes today – yesterday, Karen played dress-up with me, and most of what I wore was hers. I didn’t mind, though! My sister has great taste, and I like going through her stuff. Of course, I really like it when her stuff actually fits me, too!


Forgot to mention Freemont Street on Friday! We headed down there on the bus, which wasn’t nearly as bad as I had feared it might be. The double-decker Deuce buses are really nice, and we had no trouble finding the stops. We played at La Bayou and got free beads (always fun). I didn’t win much, but that’s fine. There’s so much shiny stuff to look at in Vegas that I don’t always think about gambling…


Donna and May and I went to Sigfried and Roy’s Secret Garden this morning, and it was pretty cool. I got a crapload of animal photos, and I got splashed by a dolphin. I also managed to get some pictures of Beeper with the animals (sort of). Who’s Beeper? I’m glad you asked! Beeper is my travelling lemur. I found him at the outlet mall, and he was too adorable to pass up. I’ll add a photo of him to a later blog, but suffice to say, he’s just cute. Karen has Tutu the travelling elephant, who goes with her on all of her vacations, and gets photographed… I guess it’s kind of like the Travelocity gnome. Anyways, you’ll see lots of Beeper in the future!

No comments: