Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Five-Minute Fiction

Tonight's prompt is from First Line Fiction, Contest #7, "She's a local. - Shiloh Walker".

She's a local. I've seen her around before. She comes in once or twice a month, usually with a group of friends. I rarely see her by herself, but tonight is different. Tonight, she's alone. From across the room, I watch her. She's sitting at a table in the corner, nursing her drink. She looks miserable. I can see that her eyes are red, like she's spent her evening crying. I want to go over and comfort her, but I can't work up the courage.

So she sits there, alone with her drink. And I watch her, and wish that I could be stronger, braver, better.



I write like
Bram Stoker

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!


No comments: