Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Writing Prompt

This week's writing prompt comes from http://www.gkbledsoe.com/articles/process/prompts.html

I woke up that morning to the smell of fried bacon and the sound of chickens clucking in the front yard -- my first hints that something wasn't quite right. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with bacon. In fact, I love the taste of bacon, especially first thing in the morning.

No, the problem was the sound of chickens clucking. You see, I live in an apartment building. On the third floor. I slowly opened my eyes, half-expecting the sounds to fade as I finally woke up. The sunshine was streaming in through the lacy curtains as I rolled over, squinting.

Wait, what? Lacy curtains?

I sat up, rubbing my eyes. Yes, there were lacy curtains on the window. There was also a pink quilt covering me, and a delicate glass lamp on the bedside table. This was definitely not my bedroom. Unfortunately, I didn't recognize it at all.

"Hey, Sunshine," came a woman's voice. It was followed immediately by a woman's body. A very attractive woman's body, with long blonde hair and wearing nothing but a bathrobe. "I was wondering when you would wake up."

"Uh, yeah... Guess I was tired," I said, trying to place her. She set a cup of coffee and a plate of scrambled eggs (with bacon) on the bedside table, then sat on the edge of the bed, resting a hand on my thigh.

"You seem quiet this morning," she said, trailing her fingers up and down my leg.

"Uh..." I didn't know what to say. I still didn't recognize her, or this room, and I was starting to worry.






I write like
J. K. Rowling

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!


No comments: