Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Another day, another dollar

It would be nice to get a dollar a day extra - I'd probably put that money away to save for something fun at the end of the year, because you can do a lot with $365! Of course, at this point, I think I would end up using it for puppy training classes. I love my Mia, but she woke me up howling at 2am today. If it happens again tonight, I may have to move her downstairs. That will really mess with our after-work and bedtime routines, but I can't handle waking up to that again. Poor puppy.

On a happy note, I have things rolling along for Shane's birthday. There is no present yet, but I am organizing a celebration for him. Although I did see a nifty thing that I may have to get him. But I won't mention what it is here, because he may read this...

And another happy note - my dvd ripper thingy seems to be working properly! Yay! I'm not pirating movies, but I am putting them into iPod format, so I can watch them at lunch. Of course, I don't have a lot of time to watch at lunch, what with the crossword puzzles and all, but you never know. Dr. Moore may get hit in the head with a falling tree and suddenly gain super-speed abilities, allowing us to have a full lunch hour every day. I don't expect this, but it's good to be prepared.

Speaking of being prepared, I cleaned out my purse tonight. By cleaned out, I mean I just pulled everything out of it, and I'll take the bare minimum to work tomorrow because there was just waaaaay too much in there to go through it all tonight. I had: an umbrella, a dayplanner, a Palm Pilot, a cell phone, an iPod, headphones, an iPod recording attachment, a wordsearch book, two highlighters, three pens, a pencil, an EpiPen, migraine meds, a pillbox with lots of options, 'girl stuff', a wallet, a card wallet, a change sock (yes, sock... it's blue and cute), several receipts, house keys, car keys, Shane's spare car keys, Ophthalmic Assistant flash cards, two lipsticks, lip gloss, hand lotion, a dime, a nickel, two packs of gum, a pair of socks, a brownie (leftover from today's lunch - it wasn't there long!), a box of Smarties, a hair elastic, three cough drops, six Pep-o-mint Lifesavers (individually wrapped), a gum wrapper, a monkey, and a list of people to call for Shane's party. Wait. There was no monkey. No wonder my shoulder hurts! I need to switch to a tote bag, a backpack, or just leave stuff at home. But I need it all!! I just know that whatever I leave at home tomorrow will be exactly what I need later that day. *le sigh*

No comments: