Monday, April 21, 2008

Colour me happy!

Today's writing prompt, courtesy of www.canteach.ca: If you had to describe yourself as a colour, which would you choose?

If I had to describe myself as a colour today, I think I would be plum. I like plum, because it is both a colour and a fruit, like orange, or passionfruit (yes, passionfruit is also a colour!). Plums are a deep colour, and I'm feeling particularly deep and pensive this evening. Plum makes me think of a hot summer evening, when you're lying on the back porch, spread out across a swing, letting the soft breeze ruffle your hair as you think of everything and nothing. Plum has a peacefulness on the surface, but an intensity that can be almost frightening at times. It has hints of red, that border on the idea of pain, and I've had an awful headache for hours. It has hints of blue, a melancholy sort of shade, full of introspection. Despite the blues, it is a warm colour, and it has hints of love, too. Today, I am plum.

Yesterday, I was aquamarine. Tomorrow, I think I will be magenta.

1 comment:

colbymarshall said...

I did a post once upon a time about how I think in colors...it's really strange, but it's a real phenomenon! It's called grapheme...oh, crap...I forget the name. But it has to do with your mind associating certain things with colors...they say artistic people are inclined to have it.