Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Approaching 300/100

Two landmark type numbers coming up - 100 consecutive posts this year, and 300 total posts in this blog!  Wow.  I write a lot of random crap.  So I want to do something to celebrate, but I don't know what.  Suggestions are welcome (hint hint).    However, it's going to fall in the middle of the run of Sound of Music, which means I'll be sleep- and internet- deprived... perhaps it'll be a video blog.  *tries to think of any span of time when she might be able to do this*

In the meantime, some poetry.  Keep in mind that I am not a poet, but every once in a while, a little poem demands to be let out of my brain.  I think it's nicer to have free-range poems, rather than caged ones, so I let it out.  

Seventy-five

I'm going seventy-five
in the slow lane
Trucks speed past
and make me wobble

I step on the gas
trying to keep up
Little blue hairs
are speeding by

Nothing that I was taught
applies on the interstate
Speed is relative
so is the law

I'm going seventy-five
in the slow lane
And life's still
passing me by

No comments: