Thursday, April 23, 2009

He's so dreamy!

I think this cold is affecting my brain.  Here's last night's dream.

It was about five a.m.  My dog woke up, and started to stretch, standing half on top of me, her hind legs digging into the squishy part of my belly.  This was (obviously) uncomfortable, so I groaned.  She looked at me, and said, "You should really stretch as soon as you wake up."

The weirdest part, though, was not that she spoke to me, but that she had the voice of Alton Brown (from FoodNetwork's Good Eats).  

I looked at her,  and gave a half-hearted stretch, mostly just moving my arms a little bit.  She looked at me and frowned, then said, "That wasn't a good stretch.  This is a good stretch."  She demonstrated a 'good' stretch, and it looked good - like it woke up every part of her body, but in a nice, gentle way.

I looked at her and said, "Of course it wasn't a good stretch - I don't want to be awake!"  I then rolled over and went back to sleep.

Any dream analysts out there want to tackle this one?

No comments: