Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Rant ahead (with profanity)

It is absolutely ridiculous that I should be made to suffer because the doctor that I work for cannot be bothered to get his ass to the office before 9:30!  He has appointments scheduled for 8:00, usually 2 or 3, and so even the very first people to be examined are 1 1/2 hours late.  It only gets worse as the day goes on.  Today, the last two patients of the morning cancelled their appointments after finding out that he was three hours behind.  THREE HOURS!  And it's not as if he had an emergency surgery, or a case to take care of at the hospital.  He simply dicked around and didn't give a rat's ass about anyone else.

To top it off, I've been told that now we're going to a modified schedule, so he won't have any appointments before 8:30.  However, he'll start seeing patients again at 1 pm.  Given that he insists on finishing his morning at 12:30 (unlike EVERY other doctor in the office, who finish at 12 or earlier), this means that those of us working with him will have 1/2 hour lunches, instead of the 1 1/2 hours available to everyone else.  That's just awesome.

I hate this fucking job.

1 comment:

MJ said...

Oooooooh, honey. I used to work for an MD that did the exact same thing. Before I left that job, I sat down with her and said "LOOK, this is a business, and you are screwing it up by not having good customer service. They yell at us as if it's our fault. And people don't like working for someone who allows them to be run all over by customers."

She appreciated the advice, although I don't think anything ever changed. When this happened to us, we just stopped scheduling morning patients - refusing to do it unless she came in on time.

I was so glad to leave that job.