Sunday, June 8, 2008

Things on my desk

It's late, I'm tired, and I'm not feeling particularly creative at the moment - I spent all day playing with cards and my new Cricut machine. So instead of the usual blathering or five-minute fiction, today, I'm giving you a look at some of the things you'll find on my computer desk.

I've got two shelves above the computer, and they have some fairly standard stuff - manuals and programs, blank cds, a pen holder full of pens, pencils, and highlighters. There's also a Webster's Dictionary, my Descriptionary: A Thematic Dictionary, and two baby name books - all supplies for writing. Note the lack of a thesaurus. I don't really like thesauri, except for saying the name.

On the desktop are the more interesting bits. I've got my Rolodex, which is in desperate need of an update (note: if you are my friend, you should send me your info, so I can update the Rolodex!). Along the same lines is my Anne Geddes birthday book, which also needs updating. I've got a pen holder that has two pairs of scissors, three pens, and a post-it pad. I have a nifty green and white paperclip holder that Shane gave me for my birthday. I've got a half-naked Scotsman (it's a coaster, from Claire). There's a big-ass pile of those little black clippy things for big piles of paper, leftover from last year's NaNo goody bags (and probably ready to be recycled for this year's goody bags). I have a box of AntiViral Kleenex, because you want AntiViral things around the computer. Last, but not least, is my plot bunny, a cute little critter that arose from the NaNo forums. If you don't know what this NaNo thing is, go check it out: National Novel Writing Month.

I'm sure there are some other little things, but it's dark, and they're probably not that interesting anyways.

2 comments:

colbymarshall said...

I wish I had a thesaurus that was shaped like a dinosaur. Then it could be "the saurus." That'd be nice. And I despise NaNoWriMo...it's just a reason to get me depressed when I don't finish in time, lol!

Danielle said...

But the trick is not to try to finish the novel... I've never finished the story on time. I just hit 50000 words by the end of the month, and that's a pretty good start on a story.