Monday, March 30, 2009

Cable results in bad habits

I don't like kids.  I don't have the same passionate hatred/terror that Colby has, but I don't really like kids.  People keep insisting that I would be a great mom, and I don't believe them at all.

In any case.

I've been watching TV much more recently.  Well, no, that's not true.  I've been watching about as much as I always have, but I've had more to choose from.  I've started watching TLC and the Discovery channel (they've always been my faves), and there are three shows that will get picked before ANYTHING else on TV:  Good Eats, Dirty Jobs, and Jon & Kate Plus Eight.  WTF?  

I have no idea why I love watching a show about a family with 8 kids.  It makes no sense to me.  And they're REAL kids, complete with whining and crying and screaming and hissy fits and dirty diapers (in the earlier episodes) and puking and EVERYTHING.  Despite that, I enjoy it.  Maybe it's because they're trapped behind the TV screen, and I know I won't have to deal with them in person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Because kind of like in Dirty Jobs...you enjoy watching someone else's torture! LOL. I can't imagine 8 kids. I'd walk in front of a bus. If for no other reason than one day they'll all be teenagers, and that's just evil. All the zits? That's the toxicness trying to break out through their pores!! :)

Okay, I do love my kids, I have to, I can't give them back.