Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Moment of panic!!

So I was upstairs today, turning my computer on, and Mia was sitting with me.  And then she wasn't.  I called a couple of times, but she didn't come running.  Then I realized that I had left some knitting on the couch downstairs, so I hurried down, ready to yell at her for eating my yarn.

She hadn't eaten the yarn.

She had eaten the chocolate.

For those of you who haven't heard, chocolate is toxic to dogs.  I had never looked into how much was needed to cause problems, because I just assumed that by NOT feeding chocolate to my dog, I wouldn't have any issues.  

So I panicked a bit.  Luckily, I have Colby to turn to for advice, and she assured me that one piece of milk chocolate was not enough to hurt Mia.  Might upset her tummy a bit, but it wouldn't hurt her.  

Phew.

If I react like this with my dog, it's a really good thing that I don't have kids!

1 comment: