Friday, March 6, 2009

Internet and offices

My internet ran away... but I think it may be back enough to blog if I'm fast!

I'm trying to get cable internet, but it's more challenging than one might think. The biggest hurdle is actually getting the darn thing... I don't want to sign up online, because I want to try to get cable plus internet, but all of the deals online are for cable packages that have way more television (and cost way more) than I really need. It appears that you can get a basic cable package if you go to the store, but the only store I've been able to get to is closed on the weekend. I really don't want to take time off from work, just to go get cable. So I'm working on finding another location. We'll see how the search goes tomorrow.

However, I can't spend much time looking for a cable place tomorrow, because I have to clean! I've got my awesome shelves up now, and I should have most of my downstairs craft stuff organized tomorrow. I really need to finish cleaning up down there, because my dad will be in on Monday, and my mom will be here on Thursday! I'm super-excited about seeing them again (haven't seen them since Christmas), and I want the place to be presentable. I figure if my room, the guest room, the bathrooms, the living room, the dining room, and the kitchen are in good shape, it'll be okay that my office is a bit of a disaster, and the laundry room is overflowing with crap that I'm trying to find places for. At least, I'm hoping it'll be okay. Actually, my folks are pretty cool about that sort of thing. I'm the one who's a bit neurotic... and I actually can't work in my office if it's tidy, oddly enough. I can't handle working in the dining room when it's a mess, but the office has to be a bit (or a lot) crazy.

I'm sure tomorrow's blog will be nice and boring, since all I plan to do is clean... maybe I'll get the dining room tidy enough that I can take the laptop down there and write... or maybe I'll keep the office messy enough that I can stay up here and write!

No comments: