Friday, March 20, 2009

The hills are alive!

I sat through The Sound of Music for the first time tonight.  Wow.  It's long.  The first act was 1h35m, the second was 56m.  Yeesh.  Luckily, this was just the first time that the cast had run the whole show, so it should tighten up in the next two weeks.  We hope.

Overall, it was pretty good for being two weeks from opening night.  No real major snaffus, which is good.  And I only cried once.

Yes, that's right.

But it was for good reason!  In the show is the song Edelweiss, which is the song that my dad used to sing to me when I was little, and my dad just left yesterday, so I've been all sucky anyways.  That song just, well, pushed one button too many.  But I think I managed to be not-too-noticeable, and I pulled myself together.

In any case, the fun of the theatre has begun again!  So for the next... three weeks, my life will be full, to say the least.  However, I should have plenty of time to write while at rehearsal, so I don't think the blog will suffer (like it has in the past two weeks!).

No comments: