Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mmmm... food...

I made dinner tonight. 

Okay, so for most people, this doesn't sound like a big accomplishment, but, honestly, it's been months since I actually prepared a real dinner, not just making myself a sandwich or nuking a frozen dinner.  On most nights, we go out and eat, because I'm tired when I get home.

There's something about having my folks here, though, that makes me want to cook and show them that I really can do stuff like that, even if I choose not to do so on a daily basis.

In unrelated news, I lost my navy blue gel pen, and I can't make myself write in my "Take Five" notebook without it.  :(  Sometimes OCD sucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, I'm right there with you. We're remodeling and seem to be ripping something or destroying something every evening after work, so last night I made spaghetti as my husband pulled 60 year old formica off the counter. I felt so domestic, I was tempted to don an apron and some heels.