Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Domestic goddess

I think that I would be a good candidate to become the next Martha Stewart.

I mean, eventually, she's gotta die, right?  (Of course, this is assuming that she's actually human.)  And when that day comes, I'll be right there, ready to step into her shoes.  So why would I make a good Martha Stewart?  Well, let me tell you!

- I make shit.  Seriously, I make all sorts of stuff.  I knit.  I crochet.  I sew.  I write.  I cross-stitch.  I make crazy things out of popsicle sticks.  I scrapbook.  I make cards.

- I like teaching people.  I've been a dance teacher and a university instructor.  I've taught several friends to knit/sew/crochet/etc.

- I like to bake, and I've been told that I do it well.

- I'm just crazy enough to pull it off.  I've got a compulsive attention to detail.  I've got a need to have things that coordinate.  Trust me, I'm the right kind of crazy to be Martha.

So when the time comes for the queen to step down, I'll be ready!

No comments: