Thursday, July 3, 2008

Free stuff

I love free stuff. It makes me happy. I like pseudo-free stuff - gift certificates are awesome.

Today, I got free cake. Cake is awesome. Free stuff is awesome. Free cake? Well, I'll bet you can figure out how doubly awesome that is! I went to Longhorn for dinner, and it was the first time I had ever been there. The server was great - he asked how I liked my steak, then gave me three suggestions for the types of steak that are best at that level of cooking. He was friendly, efficient, and not overbearing. Then the manager came out and asked how I was enjoying my first visit to Longhorn, and then offered a free dessert! How could I say no?

That was about three hours ago. I'm still stuffed. I'm going to go lay down and digest some more... it was a lot of steak, and A LOT of cake!

1 comment:

KarenElizabeth said...

FREE CAKE?!?!?! So jealous. I made cupcakes last night after I read your post, just because I wanted cake. Happy 4th of July!!