Thursday, July 10, 2008

Stupid storms and power outages!

Stupid storms and power outages! Yet another belatedly-posted blog, because a storm knocked out my power for over an hour today, which knocked out the internet, which has only come up intermittently all night. So I’m blogging free-form tonight. Okay, maybe free-form isn’t quite the right phrase, but that’s the phrase that I’ve chosen. So there.

Now that I’m done channeling my inner two-year-old...

Last night, I dreamt that I was at work. I actually dreamed the entire day, from the moment my alarm clock went off until the time I got home and let my puppy out of her crate. I dreamed that I saw all of the patients that I would usually see. I dreamed that I did the crossword puzzle at lunch. I dreamed that I had a conversation with a coworker about how slow our doctor is. I dreamed that I got a ride home and we listened to the soundtrack from “The Pajama Game.” And then my real alarm clock rang.

That really, REALLY sucked. Because I had to get up and go to work anyways.

You know what’s really going to suck? Tomorrow. I feel like I’ve already put in five full days of work, and I have to go back for another. I think I need to remember what I ate before bed on the night that I had the dream about the Colby/Jonathan musical – that was a much better dream!

No comments: