Friday, July 11, 2008

It rained again.

Today, it rained again. But I didn't lose power! I probably lost internet while it was pouring, but I wasn't at home, so it didn't really matter much. Yay!

I've still been struggling with names for the characters in the story from a few days ago. I do know the title now - "Take Five." It's going to be about two actors who clearly do not get along. I'm not entirely sure why yet. It might just be one of those things - sometimes you meet someone, and you hate their guts for absolutely no reason, and over time, they respond by hating your guts just as much. Or she might have inadvertently done something to him, which makes him hate her, so she eventually hates him back. I've considered doing the predictable twist, which ends up with the two of them together, but I don't know if I really like that idea. But I do like the contrast between the two of them playing lovers on screen and hating each other off screen. I've been involved in the theatre enough to see that sort of thing, and it's great to watch. I've never been in that sort of situation myself - I've played several roles where I've been almost-kissed, but I've never had a romantic partner on stage.

The male character has told me that his name is Blake. (Yes, I realize that this is kind of odd, given the Blake-who-is-not-really-Blake that I know, but the character has spoken.) The girl won't tell me her name. Sometimes I wonder if it's normal to talk about characters in a story talking to me like this... but I've spoken with several other people who write, and a lot of them also do it. Of course, some of them are on anti-psychotic medications...

In any case, the girl doesn't have a name. I haven't found anything that will stick to her. And until I find a name for her, I'm not comfortable writing the story just referring to her as 'her.' If anyone has any suggestions for a name after reading the story, please, tell me! I'm open for anything!

1 comment:

colbymarshall said...

Haha- the first thing I thought was "Blake, like Blake who isn't really Blake?" LOL!