Friday, January 30, 2009

An Alexander Day

When I was a kid, one of my favourite stories was "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day."  I don't think my family actually owned a copy of the book -  I think it was one of those books recommended by Reading Rainbow that we checked out of the library (I remember writing down every book at the end of every show!).  In any case, I loved the story.  A few years ago, I special-ordered a copy of it, and now I have it for myself, and it's still awesome.  Every once in a while, when I'm having a bad day, I sit down and read it, because Alexander knows how I feel.  

Today was mostly an Alexander day.  This morning actually was not too bad.  I got to work almost on time (2 minutes earlier than usual, but still technically a minute late).  I got out for lunch on time.  I had a nice lunch with a friend.  After lunch, it all went downhill.  A word of advice to those of you out there who are getting older (aka everyone who is not dead yet): when you are 91 years old, and your eyes feel tired and weak, it's probably because YOU ARE 91 YEARS OLD!  Trust me, there's nothing that the ophthalmologist can do to make you NOT 91.  Also, if you suddenly lose vision in one of your eyes, GET YOUR ASS TO THE DOCTOR NOW!  Don't wait two hours, or three days, because "it might pass."  If you can't see, it's NOT A GOOD THING!  The longer you wait, the less your chances of ever getting your vision back!  Did I mention I had to work late today?  Also, my dog puked in my bed at four a.m.  And tonight was the first time that we actually ran through the full second act of the show that opens NEXT FRIDAY!  Oh.  And my internet has taken almost an hour to get a connection stable enough for me to copy and paste this post.  Lovin' it.

Ahem.  My stress levels are a little on the high side tonight.  I'm going to go and have a drink of chocolate chip cookie liqueur, then go to bed.  If you need me before noon tomorrow, tough shit.

No comments: