Friday, January 16, 2009

Take Five (Part 13)

"I'm Zach," Blake said, extending his hand towards Sophia.

"Kat," she replied, shaking his hand.  "Um, I'm sorry... should I know you?"

"Not really," he replied.  "But I've seen you around."

Sophia smiled.  "Here in the park, right?" she asked.  "I thought you looked familiar.  Do you live nearby?"

"No," he replied, "but I work around the corner.  I like to take a walk through this park after work to relax."

"But it's Saturday," Sophia said, looking confused.  She shifted her position on the bench, turning so that there was room beside her.

"Yeah... well, I decided to take a chance that you might be here today," he said, stepping closer to the bench, but not sitting down yet.

"Really?" Sophia asked, blushing.

The scene continued beautifully - the first time that had happened during the shoot so far.  Ricardo kept the cameras rolling, letting the actors run through the whole scene before finally stopping.

"Beautiful!" Ricardo called out as the action stopped.  "That was amazing, folks.  I want you to take a break, then we'll come back and get a few more angles, okay?  Good."  Ricardo turned to the equipment beside him to review the film,  hoping to get a fairly short list of shots to re-do.

As Sophia rose from the bench, Blake reached out and touched her arm lightly.  She paused and looked at him, ready to spit out some acidic comeback at whatever teasing remark he was about to make.

He surprised her,  however.  "That felt really good, Sophia," he told her.

She blinked, uncertain of what to say.  "Thanks," she finally responded.  "It did."

Blake grinned at her, then turned and headed over to the craft services table, pleased with the way both the scene had gone, and with the way he had managed to put his co-star at a loss for words.

Sophia watched as he walked off, still unsure of how she should have reacted to his comment.  She shook her head, trying to regain her composure, then started towards her trailer.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Fun! I'll have to come back when I have more time, so I can read the rest of it!