Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blargh.

Ick.  

That's all I have to say about last night's post.  Ick.

I was trying to write a first-person account of a D&D session, but it just turned out badly.  I think that it's because I'm really not into the character that I'm playing.  We've only had two sessions, and not a lot of RP, so I suppose it's not that bad, but, well, that story attempt sucked.

So instead of sucking at more story attempts tonight, I spent the evening cooking.  I made perogies.  From scratch.  And they are AWESOME!!  I must have finally hit the right combination of onion and cheese and salt and pepper, because the filling tasted the way it's supposed to.  Last time, they were a bit on the bland side.

For future reference for myself... used 1 potful of potatoes, mashed in one block of Kroger brand medium cheddar cheese, used 1/2 onion (sauteed), about 1/2 tsp pepper, and 1/4 tsp salt.  Yay!

Now I must go call Matt and tell him that I have perogies.  He has been waiting and begging for them for almost a year.

3 comments:

Ray Veen said...

I read it. It's not so bad. You write any serious high fantasy?

Mitzi said...

I wish that sounded appetizing to me. I'm sure they're great to people who like them though. You're a good cook. :)

Danielle said...

V - I've never tried high fantasy - I play D&D, and that's as close as I get, at least so far.

AJ - Thanks! They taste better than they sound, really!