Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Feeling Random

For Christmas, I got the complete series of Friends on DVD, so, of course, that's all I've been watching.  (Have I mentioned that I don't have cable?)

In any case, I just watched the episode where Rachel tells Chandler that she had a raunchy dream about him.  Ross reacts badly to this, and Chandler apologizes with, "I'm sorry, it will never happen again.  I was very drunk and it was someone else's subconscious."  (I LOVE that line!)  This got me  to thinking... is it wise to tell someone that you've had an erotic dream about him/her?  I think, in some cases, it can go fairly well - the someone is amused and teases you mercilessly until something new comes along.  In other cases, well, it might result in this awkward tension between you and the someone, and cause all sorts of unpleasant moments.  I don't think I've ever told anyone about a dirty dream I've had about them... I've told other people, because it amuses me that most of the men who show up in my raunchy dreams turn out to be gay, but I've never told any of the ones who were actually IN the dream.  Has anyone out there tried this?

In unrelated randomness, I tried writing my blog this evening, around 6, and it just didn't happen.  Nothing came out.  I stared at the screen.  It sucked.  Apparently, I can't write before 9pm, unless I'm sneaking in writing time during work hours.  Strange.  When I become a world-famous author, I think I'll end up staying up all night, and sleeping all day, just so that I can always be awake during peak writing time.

And in another unrelated random thought, one of the gals at work almost convinced me to buy another puppy today.  But then I thought of Mia, and as much as I would like for her to have a friend to play with, I'm not ready for another puppy, and she's not ready to share my attention.  So I stayed strong!  Barely...

Finally, I've had a link open in my computer all week for this site that sells bookplates, because I love having bookplates in my books, and I've finally found a company that sells the bookplates that I got years ago when I joined the SFBC (Science Fiction Book Club - like Columbia House for SciFi/Fantasy).  But I haven't purchased them yet, because I keep forgetting to bring my credit card upstairs.

Tomorrow,  I think I shall produce fiction!

No comments: