Saturday, February 21, 2009

Books, books, books

I love books.  I love to read.  This may not come as a surprise, given that I also love to write.  

This week, the annual Friends of the Library used book sale took place.  I went at lunch on Thursday.  I went at lunch on Friday.  I went this morning.  Each time, I shopped to capacity - on Thursday, I didn't have a container, so I only bought what I could hold.  Friday, I brought a small box, and filled it.  Today, a friend lent me a rolling cart, and I filled it to the brim.  In three days, I spent about $60, and I got... in the neighbourhood of 70 books (some are in another room, some are still in the trunk, so I don't have an exact count).  Yeah.  Talk about deals!  And it was a whole variety of stuff, too!  I got a lot of chick-lit, because, well, I like it.  I got a couple of old medical textbooks and anatomy textbooks because I seem to be collecting them.  I got a cookbook.  I got a book about Miniature Pinschers.  I got five french books by Guy des Cars - I've never read his stuff, but I wanted to get back into reading french.

The only downside?  The books are all used, and so all of them smell incredibly interesting to my puppy.  She won't leave the office, because all she wants to do is sniff the piles of books.  She's not licking or chewing - just sniffing.  But it's cute, so as long as she doesn't chew or lick them, I'll let her keep sniffing.

And to think that I had planned to go to Barnes & Noble this weekend to pick up a book or two!

No comments: